Technology is everywhere we look, in almost every part of our lives. It affects how we shop, socialize, play, work, and most importantly learn. With their great and increasing presence in our lives it only makes sense to have mobile technology in the classroom. Yet there are some schools that are delaying this imminent future of using technology in the classroom as the valuable learning tool it is.
Here is our list of reasons your program should implement technology in the classroom.
- If used correctly, it will help prepare students for their future construction careers, which will inevitably include the use of wireless technology.
- Integrating technology into the classroom is a great way to reach the diversity in learning styles.
- It gives students the chance to interact with their classmates more by encouraging collaboration.
- Technology helps educators prepare students for the real world construction environment. As general contractors become increasingly more technology dependent, it is necessary for students to be tech-savvy before they arrive on the job site.
- Integrating technology in education everyday helps students stay engaged. Today’s students love technology so they are sure to be interested in learning exciting new technology.
- With technology, the classroom is a more exciting place. Students are excited about being able to use technology and therefore are more apt to learn.
- The traditional passive learning mold is broken. With technology in the classroom the teacher becomes the encourager, adviser, and coach.
- Students become more responsible. Technology helps students take more control over their own learning. They learn how to make their own decisions and actually think for themselves.
Touchplan is working with several higher education Construction Management programs to help students become better planners. We are providing free educational licenses to qualified university programs. In the classroom, Touchplan is being used as an instructional tool, not as a subject of instruction. Using technology in the classroom is becoming easier for teachers. Students are becoming better construction planners and leaving the class with more construction management skills. If you need assistance or just have some questions about integrating the latest planning and scheduling technology in your class room schedule a meeting with us here. We are helping schools across the country bring mobile, collaborative technology to the classroom successfully. Our goal is to be a resource for you! Good luck!